Disney        Tips        Family Fun        International                                               

Walt Disney World - Haunted Mansion Ride - PhotoPass - Is This You? - #FunPhotoFriday

Scrolling through my Photopass pictures I notice that I get a lot of images that are not of me or my family but of complete strangers. Sometimes doing really cool things. Sometimes getting really neat lenses or filters. So, I thought, what if they were looking for their pictures and I have them! I'd love to share them back to their rightful owners. And, thus, I will be posting images of other people or families and hoping they eventually find themselves here. And, if not, it's still pretty fun to see what PhotoPass can offer you if you've been on the fence about paying for the services.

What is Photopass?
For those who have not yet visited one of the Disney Parks or Cruises, Photopass is the photography service that is offered. Basically, a Cast Member with a camera will take your photo at a strategic location (like in front of the Castle). Some will have special filters to add (like a flying Figment or a rainbow). During some events (like the Halloween Party) there will be special filters and effects that they add only during that time. Once your photo is taken, you can view it in the Photo Gallery on your Disney app. If you purchase the Photopass package, you will be able to download or share that photo. If you didn't, you can purchase pictures individually. If you need extra help, there are photopass desks at the parks to help you with any set up, purchases, questions, missing photos, etc.

Can't I just take my own pictures?
Of course! So, the question is - should I pay money for this service? The answer depends on how much you like special filters/effects. I pay for the service so I can get family shots, unique props, unique filters, and the interesting camera effects (like the super-zoom and the 360-degree view). Keep a realistic expectation on the photos that are taken (ie, you may get tons and tons of people or their backsides in your photos).

Can the photopass photographer take pics with my camera?
Yes. But you won't get any of the special shots or the filters.

These were taken at the Haunted Mansion Ride in Magic Kingdom. If they are yours, please download them!


No comments:

Post a Comment