Disney        Tips        Family Fun        International                                                                                                             

Review - Travel - Texas - Arlington - Six Flags Over Texas 65th Anniversary and the All-New Tormenta Rampaging Run Roller Coaster

 


Six Flags Over Texas is my home park and I'm blessed enough to be able to attend their 65th Anniversary and to get to ride the newest roller coaster, Tormenta Rampaging Run.





This is the original amusement park of the Six Flags Corporation. It opened August 5, 1961.









So for the 65th Anniversary, Six Flags had some really fun "Then and Now" picture boards set up around the park. I first visited SFOT as a child when I first moved to Texas in 1980. Throughout the 80's I visited many times with my family or my school. I remember actually going to the top of the Oil Derreck (it's just decoration now). And the free-fall drop tower the Texas Cliffhanger (and later Wildcatter).



The Silver Star Carousel opened in Long Island, New York in 1926 so it's celebrating it's 100th birthday this year. It was bought by Six Flags and moved to this park in 1962.



Runaway Mine Train is 60 years old, opened in 1966. It's the oldest coaster in the park. American Coaster Enthusiasts (ACE) gave it a landmark award in 2006 for its significance as Arrow Development's first Mine Train Roller Coaster with steel tubular track.



Runaway Mountain Roller Coaster's 30th anniversary having opened in June 12, 1996. It was Premier Rides' first roller coaster.



Dive Bomber Alley is also 30 years old having opened on March 9, 1996 in time for Spring Break. It actually costs extra to participate.



Wile E Coyote's Grand Canyon Blaster also has a 25th anniversary and same birthday.



Bugs Bunny Cloud Bouncer celebrated its 25th birthday having opened March 10, 2001 on the park's 40th anniversary. It's a kid's ride that bounces up and down.



I love all the Historical Plaques around the park celebrating its rides.

This year is also America's 250th Birthday so Six Flags added some nice 250 touches around the park.



250th Photo Prop right past the park entrance (to the left of the Customer Service booths).



Some banners.







Bunting and decor.



Special 250th Anniversary Treats



Another Postcard Photo Op near the Texas land



Special Drinks



American-themed merch in the main shop near the park's exit



The swing ride (Texas Screamer) with red, white and blue theme. I got the sun hitting the star at the top.

I'm not sure how long the special treats and drinks will be available. Hopefully til the end of the year.

Ok and now for the newest and most exciting addition to Six Flags Over Texas in a looooong time - Tormenta!

To accommodate the massive ride, the land of "Spain" was remodeled. I'll need to dig out some previous pictures one day and show the transformation. For now, check these pictures out:



They've added some Spanish entertainment (check the mobile app for times).



An interesting history of Mexico and their independence from Spain.



Food trucks. You can order your food here and take it to a covered table in the nearby "plaza".



This is the remodeled entrance to the land called "Spain". A good sneak peak of the ride shows just over the gate.



Some interesting costumes the team members wear.



A nice covered shop just outside the ride's exit. There are benches to sit. Some people were sitting along the fence (shaded) while waiting for friends or family to exit.



Right now, at this shop, they only had 1 shirt design available.





I took this video from the "plaza" area where there were a few umbrella-covered tables and some benches to sit on. It was nice and quiet back here. So if you or your kids need a break, take a rest. There's a nice air-conditioned gift shop.



The Raging Bull statue. Take a pic with it after you exit the ride.



Really nice fountain area outside the ride exit (or to the right of the start of the queue line).





The World Records





This is where I stood for the videos I took of the ride. You can get most of the ride here.



I took this picture from the Carousel steps.



And this Farewell pic was taken in the parking lot.



Some stats on Tormenta Rampaging Run:
Opened as the first "giga dive coaster". It's also the tallest dive coaster at 309 feet. The track length is 4,199 feet (Longest Dive Coaster) and reaches top speeds of 87 mph (Fastest Dive Coaster). It has the longest beyond-vertical drop at 285 feet (95 degrees). The first inversion is 218 feet (an "Immelmann Loop") is the tallest of its kind and one of the tallest inversions. The vertical loop is 179 feet and is the tallest.



For more information, click here: https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas

Park map (which is available in the app): https://qr1.be/H70R

No comments:

Post a Comment