Disney        Tips        Family Fun        International                                               

Travel Tips - Walt Disney World (Orlando, Florida) - What's in My Luggage?

As a family of frequent travellers, explorers and visitors to major theme parks, I get asked all the time "What is in your luggage?" or "What are your favorite travel accessories?" or "What should I take on my vacation to (some amazing destination)?"
So I thought it would be fun to share some of the things that I have purchased, taken, and used on my recent trips.
For this week, I'm going to tell you some of the things I have taken on my recent Disney Park vacation


First, I use the Delsey softside luggage from Costco. It's currently on sale for $149.99. If you're reading this and it's not on sale, just wait a few weeks. They seem to go on and off sale all the time. What I love the most about the luggage beside the ease of moving due to the large spinner wheels but the interior lining is washable (which is pretty rare in luggage sets). Love, love this set. Right now they have Blue or Black. If you can find the Green set, get that one because it will be easy to pick out on the luggage carousel.
Why softside luggage? I like the ability to squash my bags into the overhead bins (as opposed to the hard shell types). It can mean the difference between carry-on and last minute checked bags.


Tens of thousands of guests visit Disney. That's a whole lot of germs. So I stopped using portable baby changing pads. Think about it. You are placing the pad down on a changing table that is never cleaned, that is poo'ed and pee'ed on and whatever else. Nasty. And then you put that pad back into your bag. Ewww. I now use disposable changing pads that are large enough to cover the table. Keep a few in your diaper bag and pull them out when you're ready to change. This set has 50 pads and they last quite awhile.


Unexpected rain showers occur all the time in Orlando. You will check your weather app in the morning before setting off to the parks and it shows sunshine. Later in the day, a brief rain storm swoops in and drenches your party in five minutes. I've been through that enough times to finally always pack a set of disposable rain ponchos for those brief, unexpected storms. This particular set has both Adult and Children sizes in one box. They are a bit better than the ones you will find at the dollar store.


If your child is old enough to sit at the table, you will definitely want some disposable placemats. Disney eateries never have enough tables and you will jump at an open table which means it may or may not be properly cleaned. Wiping the table down yourself doesn't get it sanitized. Next best thing, cover the table as best as you can. What I like about this set is there are 4 different designs (most sets only have one single design). They stick to the table surface. They are individually packaged so you can toss them into your bag.


Most strollers do not have enough storage space, IMO. So I purchased two of these side bags for each side of my stroller. I stuff snacks, fruit, maps (in ziploc bags in case of rain) in these bags. Don't weigh them down too much or the stroller might flip backwards. You may or may not have to remove them when folding up your stroller (depending on your brand).


I've purchased two sets of these Stroller Hook sets. So easy to use. Sturdy. I like to hand umbrellas on these (off the stroller) as well as popcorn buckets or drink cups with handles. So handy!


I have mixed opinions on this stroller sun shade that I bought. The Florida sun can be extremely hot so I add this cover (and it does cover a bit during rain showers too). The reason I'm iffy on it or others like it is that they are a pain to take on/off because you cannot fold the stroller with it attached. I haven't found a cover or an umbrella that I love, so I keep using this one for now. At least it will attach to most strollers and the price isn't too bad.


Speaking of the blistering Florida sun, you MUST apply sunscreen even if you have a base tan. The sun is just too intense. This lotion is safe for reefs and children (I use a different baby brand for babies). It applies pretty well and can be placed into carry-on luggage thanks to their small 3oz size.

Any purchase made through Amazon may earn this site a very small commission which goes right back into the site's maintenance and hosting costs. Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment